For more information about the Lost Dutchman Marathon events:
- Fees - scroll down
- RV and Camping
- Local Attractions
- Race packets
- Runner Tracking
Still have a question? See if it is answered in our Frequently Asked Questions.
2024 Lost Dutchman Race Fees, Limits and Start Times
|2024 Prices||Early Bird Pricing|
|Maximum Runners||Start Time|
|Half Marathon||$89||$99||$104||$109||$119||$129||900||7:15 a.m.|
|8K Trail Run||$44||$49||$52||$54||$59||$64||800||7:45 a.m.|
|2 Mile Fun Run/Walk||$20||$20||$20||$20||$20||$20||No Limit||9:30 a.m. SATURDAY, Feb 17th|
*No race day marathon registration. The marathon minimum age is 14 and maximum time for all entrants is 6 1/4 hours - strictly enforced
Packet pick up:
- Thursday February 15, 2024 runners can pick up their packets at Road Runner Sports - Tempe, 43 S McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 (Map) from 3:00 p.m. till 7:00 p.m.
- Friday February 16, 2024 runners can pick up their packets at Road Runner Sports - Tempe, 43 S McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 (Map) from 11:00 a.m. till 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 17, 2024 at the Multi-Generational Center, 1035 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Map). The 2 Mile Fun Run/Walk is 9:30 a.m. on Saturday with the start and finish at the center.
- NON-MARATHONERS can pick up their packets Sunday, February 18, 2024 at Prospector Park 3015 N. Idaho Rd. Apache Junction, AZ beginning at 5:45 a.m.
- There is no day of race packet pick up for the full marathon. Marathon runners MUST pick up race packets Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
- You may have someone else pick up your race packet. Race Packets will NOT be mailed.
Chip Timing: The race will be chip timed. Your chip is a part of your bib, do not remove it. Your number bib must be worn on the front and be visible at all times during the race.
Chip Timing with ChronoTrack
The Lost Dutchman Races are chip timed! The Lost Dutchman Marathon and Raceplace Events implemented ChronoTrack chip timing as of the 2010 event. ChronoTrack is a road racing innovation using disposable tags “D-Tags” and simplifying the timing process for athletes. The inexpensive disposable tags shorten pre-race bib pick up lines and eliminate all collection of tags or chips after the race. As a runner you will have more time to focus on competing and enjoying the event! Your chip is a part of your bib, do not remove it. Your number bib must be worn on the front and be visible at all times during the race.
Marathon Aid Stations: There are aid stations every 2 miles on the marathon course for the first 20 miles and then an aid station every mile to the finish. There are port-a-jons near every aid station. Lemon Lime Gatorade will be available at every other aid station starting at marathon mile 4. GU Energy Gel will be at miles 10 and 18 on the marathon course only. Bananas will be at 2 aid stations.
Half Marathon and 10K Aid Stations: For the 10K and Half Marathon courses there are aid stations every mile with water at every aid station with Lemon Lime Gatorade at every other aid station. There are port-a-jons near every aid station.
8K Aid Stations: For the 8K trail race there is one aid station that all runners will pass twice.
Aid stations are staffed by our tremendous volunteers without whom our event could not happen. Please thank them along the way.
Runner Tracking for 2024
We will be using Live Runner Tracking again for the 2024 Marathon and Half Marathon! We now have significantly more timing locations on the course so that friends and family will be able to track your progress live via text message. You will be able to sign up for Live Runner Tracking here closer to race day.